Photos & Recipe via Delish Knowledge
Spring Vegetable Gnocchi! Peas and asparagus in a light cream sauce and gnocchi.
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 package gnocchi (whole-wheat if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped into 1″ pieces
- 1 cup spring peas, thawed if frozen
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (see notes for dairy-free version)
- ¼ cup heavy cream (see notes for dairy-free version)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and cook until done according to package directions. Drain and lightly rinse with water. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil, shallots and pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes until shallots are slightly soft.
- Add the asparagus and cook for 8-10 minutes until asparagus is fork tender.
- Add in the peas and cooked gnocchi, cooking for another 2-3 minutes until peas are heated through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle in parmesan cheese, cream and lemon juice. Stir to combine and add crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.